Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 1/4
#mouthypolitics101

White women do not know their own history, and a lot of them choose not to. Granted, textbooks are shitty when it comes to the contributions of women in history, but libraries are still a thing. Too many choose to weaponize a helplessness that is a relatively
07:15 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 2/4
modern concept.

Women weren't always pawns, but oftentimes skilled players in real life games of thrones. Women owned businesses and even led armies. There's one of my favorite heroines, Granuille ni Mhaile or Grace O'Malley, the Pirate Queen of the Irish. Of course we all know
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 3/4
about Boudicca (or at least you should). There's also Catarina Sforza, the Tigress of Forli who held Pope Alexander the Sixth's armies at bay, and Fredegund and Brunhild, two early middle ages queens who waged bloody war against each other.

White women weaponizing frailty isn't
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 4/4
the flex they think it is. Men are using it to enact laws that strip away ALL women's autonomy. That choice to be a "trad wife" may not be a choice their daughters will have, but one forced upon them.

But they're not ready for that conversation.
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
I went through a phase in which I read biographies of powerful women in centuries past, mostly Europe/Russia, so Eleanor of Aquitaine, Catherine the Great, Queen Elizabeth I, Catherine de Medici, etc. But I worked in a large research library and the books were at my fingertips.
07:26 PM - Feb 17, 2024
Adele Not the singer
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
I had a coloring book that featured many of these great women
08:52 PM - Feb 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}