Bartek Podkowa
A
Anyone in #FilmSpoutible have experience submitting to screenwriting competitions? Any you would recommend?

Any other tips for the next step? Trying to get my sci-fi/horror feature screenplay sold and/or get a manager/agent. Diverse ensemble cast, space setting. Alien meets Akira.
#writing
07:36 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Adele
A
In response to Bartek Podkowa.
The TSL Free Screenplay comp is an obvious one to go for next season - there's no downside with that. So far I've mostly found comps useful for getting to know other screenwriters a bit.
03:49 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Anthony Pittore
A
Almost no contest is worth entering. It's a lottery with no guaranteed benefit, just a tool to feel better, not advance careers.

Pay more attention to fellowships like Nicholl, Sundance, and the studio/network ones (Warner, Universal, etc.). Even Final Draft Big Break has a fellowship.
09:10 AM - Mar 30, 2023
Bartek Podkowa
A
In response to Anthony Pittore.
To be fair, I am including Nicholl, Sundance and Final Draft Big Break are half of my list ;) I am using the term "competition" a bit too broadly here, I guess.

I will add the studio fellowships to my list, thanks!
07:08 AM - Apr 04, 2023
CharleneEllen
A
Hi Bartek. Have you looked at Coverfly.com ? You can see what competitions are coming up and even submit via the website.
05:11 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Bartek Podkowa
A
In response to CharleneEllen.
Yup, it's on my list!
07:07 PM - Mar 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}