Tim Graf
A
thread 1/6
I've been seeing a lot of posts predicting or claiming a "blue wave" in November, so this may not be a particularly popular opinion. I don't share that view. I think it's a given that Biden/Harris will be re-elected, and I do think the D's will recover the House, but the margin may not be as wide
05:09 PM - Feb 20, 2024
Tim Graf
A
thread 2/6
as people think it will be. I also think the D's will add a few seats in the Senate, but again, it won't be a decisive majority and certainly won't be filibuster-proof. Personally, however, I'd rather see the reversal happen this way, as a slow rising of the blue tide that allows people to come
Tim Graf
A
thread 3/6
to the realization of the plain fact that with Democrats, things get better. I think that will go a long way toward minimizing the risk of losses in the 2028 mid-terms and will instead have people saying "Yes, we want more of this, please", and our numbers will increase again in both 2026 and 2028.
Tim Graf
A
thread 4/6
Don't get me wrong; I'm as fired up and ready to work as anyone, but let's not focus on huge wins and party swings in Congress. Let's focus instead on following Mr. Biden's lead for now and do what is necessary to continue to stabilize the
Tim Graf
A
thread 5/6
economy, the country, the government, our democracy, and the people. We can and will over the next three elections (this year included) slowly and steadily force the Republican troglodytes back into their caves and seal them in permanently.
05:09 PM - Feb 20, 2024 (Edited)
Tim Graf
A
thread 6/6
We must also remember to be vigilant locally and at the state level. The saying that all politics is local has never been more true than it is now. Get involved locally. Donate, volunteer, and get out the vote on our side. This is our mandate, and this is how we will succeed.
05:16 PM - Feb 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}