Brian Arndt
A
My wife and I had dinner last night with a friend who is gay, but in his own words “is not outwardly gay”. He said gay men say he’s “trying to pass for straight”, while straight men say he’s “not really gay”. My bi-racial wife recalled similar interactions with black and white people. Thoughts?
10:32 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Margo Green
A
In response to Brian Arndt.
People obviously have very boring lives if they're that worried about what/who other people are. Just let them be what they be and leave them alone.
10:48 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Lori Emond
A
I can’t speak from experience. But I don’t think people should be expected to declare their gender status, or their ‘race’ (not a scientific thing, it’s man made & arbitrary, with fluid boundaries over time) unless it’s something they want to do. Labeling for my sake is not necessary. Let people be.
10:42 AM - Mar 11, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
People come in all shapes & sizes. As a biracial gay man I get it all. I personally think I'm a little feminine but some are shocked when I tell them I'm gay. (It baffles me honestly). I'm never white enough to fit into the white community & never black enough for the black community.
10:39 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Tanya
A
I can understand your friend. I had a friend who is gay that said (not my words) he doesn't want to sound like he has a purse dripping from his mouth. I guess there will always be people that measure you by their own benchmarks.
10:37 AM - Mar 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}