Heather Hughson
A
thread 1/3
Hey. I know you like your bird feeders. But if you aren't putting up protective dots on your windows, you're creating a situation that will kill the birds you are enticing to come perform for your entertainment.
I found two dead today, and this one is still recuperating indoors. #birdrescue
11:12 AM - Feb 18, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 2/3
A handy factsheet a bird expert friend in the Other Place has drawn up to help you make your #birdwatching safer for the birds:
11:12 AM - Feb 18, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
thread 3/3
The rescue bird made it through the night! I wasn't sure he would make it - often they die on impact or will fly off after a few minutes of being held to warm up, but this guy refused to leave and was wobbly, so I thought internal bleeding. Hopefully a hearty breakfast will get him strong again 💪
09:37 AM - Feb 19, 2024
Heather Hughson
A
I realized that Willow's favourite feather toy looks suspiciously like the goldfinch 😹
She's quite interested in him, but I'm trying to find a rescue that will take him in since he's still not interested in flying 😿
In response to Francesca The Cat.
09:25 PM - Feb 20, 2024
Francesca The Cat
A
In response to Heather Hughson.
Poor little birdie! But he's so lucky that you are taking care of him. I'll show you one of my birdies tomorrow! My birdies chirp and flap their wings but they don't fly either. 😻😻😻
10:03 PM - Feb 20, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}