Nancy Morgan
A
thread 1/6
"Pro-life" folks out there, I have a philosophical question to ask.

Consider the following scenario: You're at a fertility clinic. The clinic is on fire. With you is a 5 year-old boy. There are also 5000 frozen embryos on the scene. You only have time to save one - the boy or the embryos.
08:44 PM - Feb 21, 2024
Nancy Morgan
A
thread 2/6
Who do you save?

Do you have your answer? Ok, then let's continue.

I have posed this question many times in the past, and in every single case (including those of other "pro-life" people), folks opted to save the boy. And I'm willing to bet that that's what you said too.
Nancy Morgan
A
thread 3/6
Because after all, who wouldn't save a little boy? You're not a monster.

Ok, that's all good. But why did you abandon the embryos? Because according to you life begins at conception and all life is sacred, right? So why did you save one life when you could have saved 5000?
Nancy Morgan
A
thread 4/6
You may not want to admit why, but I will. Because deep down, you know damn well that those embryos aren't alive. They are, at best, potential life. Their value is not equal to the value of the living, breathing human being in front of you.
Nancy Morgan
A
thread 5/6
So in the case of abortion, why is an embryo more important than the life of its mother?

The answer is, it's not. And you know it's not. So stop being a hypocrite.
Nancy Morgan
A
thread 6/6
And in case you needed to hear this again: Your religious beliefs do not trump medical science. Nor do they give you the right to deny anyone else's bodily autonomy.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}