Jillian Anger
A
thread 1/3
Over the last several days I’ve been thinking. Wouldn’t it take only 2 sane Republicans in the house (at least 2 have announced they aren’t running again), to put country over party and leave the Republican caucus and become registered democrats to flip control of the house now?
07:17 AM - Feb 22, 2024
Jillian Anger
A
thread 2/3
If they were true patriots who are as upset by the dysfunction as they say they are, they would do whatever it took. They are the almighty powerful.
They prefer to be held victim to Johnson’s leadership than take the reins themselves and do the right thing for the country.
Jillian Anger
A
thread 3/3
I would love to be proven wrong on that. I would love to sing the praises of Buck and others for doing the hard thing because it was the best thing for America. They have the chance to write a better history for their country.
Klobby L
A
In response to Jillian Anger.
I pray they do. But they have caught the tiger. If they let go, they will get eaten. They have to be afraid for their safety and of their family's. And I bet some are being blackmailed so there's that too.
09:48 AM - Feb 28, 2024
Jillian Anger
A
In response to Klobby L.
I wish I could scoff at your assertion and say I think you’re being dramatic.
But, sadly, I think you’re right on the money.
The news of McConnell leaving his leadership position is beyond welcome. Much of the blame for Trump today rests on his shoulders.
03:14 PM - Feb 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}