The Harlander ✅
A
In response to SpellFire.
I’m not starting my seeds til March.
07:48 AM - Feb 22, 2024
SpellFire
A
In response to The Harlander ✅.
Yeah I get that. We can't start until then with everything else or we outgrow our indoor growing space. We have to do peppers early to have them harvest ready with tomatoes for salsa, but we've gotta hold off until end of March for the rest. I get overly eager EVERY year tho.
07:51 AM - Feb 22, 2024
The Harlander ✅
A
Yea I get it. What zone are you in ?
07:52 AM - Feb 22, 2024
SpellFire
A
Funny you should ask. Zone 4, but this year they have revised us into zone 5. You?
07:53 AM - Feb 22, 2024
The Harlander ✅
A
I’m on the border of 5A & 5B now. I’ve never been successful with peppers but doing them this year because I’m anticipating a hot dry El Niño year.
07:59 AM - Feb 22, 2024 (Edited)
SpellFire
A
If you need any help at all, just let me know. One thing I grow in ridiculous amounts are peppers and tomatoes LOL

Maybe you can help me with onions. LOL They just don't wanna behave for me at all. I feel like I've tried everything.
08:00 AM - Feb 22, 2024
The Harlander ✅
A
Cool. I’ve got my tomato game in hand. I’m a City gardener. I’m putting peppers in a part of my garden that I usually grow tomatoes to rest that section this year. Last years heirlooms.
08:04 AM - Feb 22, 2024
Libby R
A
Peppers and tomatoes are both heavy feeders in the same nightshade family. Try enriching your soil instead if you like to grow these companions. Pulverized egg shells and banana peels help my crop.
08:12 AM - Feb 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}