Mona Burns
A
House GOP Rep Ken Buck on CNN last night:

Comer and Jordan were "forewarned" that the Smirnov information may not be credible
And they ran with it anyway

They knew ..
09:10 AM - Feb 22, 2024
Ground Control
A
The sexy explanation is that they were directly controlled by Putin on this. I however prefer the pathetic but plausible explanation that because they had nothing else, that's why they ran with it.
In response to Mona Burns.
09:14 AM - Feb 22, 2024
Mona Burns
A
In response to Ground Control.
And if their intent was to mislead both the US House, and the American People, and to remove a sitting President without cause well.. that isinexcusable without an explanation
On it's face
RU has been involved with Trump for a long time, pretty clear they've inserted themselves into MAGA now
09:26 AM - Feb 22, 2024
Ground Control
A
Yeah, them running MAGA makes total sense. It's a small enough faction to keep under Putin's thumb. But I long gave up on the MAGA complicit crowd having any morals. They just want power and destruction of their enemies at any cost. That never ends well.
09:29 AM - Feb 22, 2024
Mona Burns
A
In response to Ground Control.
Certainly infers they have a strong propensity for practicing magical thinking
As in: welp, we'll just use it and hope it's real
But that isn't what we hire & pay them our hard earned money for
And when it comes to RUSSIA they can't be trusted to protect the American ppl
I feel like they knew
09:24 AM - Feb 22, 2024
Ground Control
A
Oh, for sure, my friend...they likely knew the source and didn't care. They just thought it MIGHT help save them. This type of thinking is sadly pretty common among such types, as John Le Carre and Bill Granger made clear last century.
09:26 AM - Feb 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}