valerie
A
thread 1/4
I don't know how to nicely respond to an old co-worker who commented on my filtered selfie on my IG story with, "you don't need any filters let go be you we love it."

On the surface, it sounds like a compliment? But this is just the latest in comments he's made that I find to be slightly creepy.
12:13 PM - Feb 22, 2024
valerie
A
thread 2/4
I wonder, am I being too "sensitive?" Or is he actually being creepy? I mean, even my own husband doesn't say stuff like that to me. Sure, hubby doesn't think I need to wear makeup but he knows I do it for myself and I don't even wear a lot.
valerie
A
thread 3/4
But if I want to present myself in selfies that are filtered, isn't that my business? I'm not trying to troll for attention so I'm not "deceiving" anyone with my appearance. I'm just using filters because I don't wear a lot of makeup and I like the using filters.
valerie
A
thread 4/4
At this point, I probably won't respond but mostly because I don't want to be rude. But should I be matching the comment with one of my own telling this "friend" to mind is own business?
valerie
A
I'm siding with ignoring at this point as well. I just needed to vent and to know I'm not the only one.
In response to Jennifer Moore Baker.
01:44 PM - Feb 22, 2024
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
In response to valerie.
You are not the only one, and happy to let you vent.
01:45 PM - Feb 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}