Jillian Anger
A
What’s on the menu for lunch and or dinner today #SpoutibleFoodies ?
I’m hungry but can’t decide on anything. Lol.

I should not keep the food tv channel on. It makes me want to try everything! I think I might try to make arepas for the first time. 🤓
10:40 AM - Mar 11, 2023
MimiHarboo
A
In response to Jillian Anger.
It’s been cold and rainy in SoCal so we’ve been binging on warm comfort foods. For lunch we’re having leftover homemade chili with a fresh batch of cornbread. For dinner I’m trying this Penne Alla Vodka with Chicken recipe that starts with a jar sauce and promises to be amazing. We’ll see!
10:55 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Jillian Anger
A
In response to MimiHarboo.
Looks good!
10:57 AM - Mar 11, 2023
MimiHarboo
A
I hope so 😀 I’m thinking about using coconut milk instead of the heavy cream. I did that the other day with my corn chowder and it turned out great!
11:00 AM - Mar 11, 2023
Jillian Anger
A
Funny you say coconut milk! Lol. I just made 4 arepas (probably should have just done 3 with the dough so they’d be a bit thicker) and I pulled a few shrimp out of the freezer & used coconut milk, fresh ginger and red curry paste with a tiny leftover baked potato to make the filling. It was yummy!
01:30 PM - Mar 11, 2023
MimiHarboo
A
Yummy! That’s sounds like my kind of comfort food 😋
I haven’t made arepas before, but I have made pupusas. It’s my understanding that they are pretty similar. The filling you made sounds delicious- I’ll have to give arepas a try the next time the mood strikes. 😀😉
01:57 PM - Mar 11, 2023
Jillian Anger
A
So, it sounds like the dough is pretty well the same, but pupusas are stuffed before cooking. I like it! Next time I’ll try that.
03:45 PM - Mar 11, 2023
Jillian Anger
A
Now I have to look up pupusas! Lol

I totally forgot to snap a picture before I’d eaten it all 🙄

Hopefully you’ll remember to get a pic of yours!
02:00 PM - Mar 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}