Gayle Madeira
A
thread 1/5
Over the moon to announce that Odysseus has landed successfully on the moon tonight, so now my painting "Moonbeams on the Atlantic" is archived on the moon as part of the wonderful #LunarCodex !
08:58 PM - Feb 22, 2024
Gayle Madeira
A
thread 2/5
This makes me one of the first female artists to have art on the moon, along with a bunch of other incredible artists. Huge congratulations to Intuitive Machines and NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration for a job so well done!
Gayle Madeira
A
thread 3/5
Huge HUGE thanks to Samuel Peralta for making the Lunar Codex! Huge congratulations to all the other artists in the Lunar Codex! This painting is archived thanks to winning an award in the Art Renewal Center salon and they get more huge thanks for having that fantastic salon every year!
Gayle Madeira
A
thread 4/5
Now, at last, I can make more paintings of the moon while thinking about my painting of the moon ON the moon.
Gayle Madeira
A
thread 5/5
The location of the lunar lander is on the Lunar South Pole, so when you look towards the bottom of the moon, you'll be able to see my little painting, if you look really really really really hard (or if you just hold up your phone with the image of the painting and the moon 😃 )

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}