Justin Barnes
A
thread 1/4
Yesterday I started the day in Zurich, walking 3 minutes from my downtown hotel to the train station, where I took a train direct to the airport maybe 2-3 stops away. Tickets were electronic and all signs on the train were digital. Everything was quiet and organized.
11:32 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Justin Barnes
A
thread 2/4
At the airport, the train station was one level below checkin, which was a floor below security. Everything was quiet and organized. My flight to SFO was the only flight canceled, apparently because SFO is working on a runway but hasn’t appreciably lessened its flight load. So I got rebooked via
Justin Barnes
A
thread 3/4
O’Hare. At both ORD and SFO, there were constant messages over the loudspeakers, and people at security were constantly yelling random items. There were few if any digital signs with information and/or instructions. The AirTrain at SFO must have repeated the same message two dozen times over a
Justin Barnes
A
thread 4/4
Noisy loudspeaker. The AirTrain was my closest “mass transit” to my hotel, about a 20 minute walk over streets with broken glass, in San Bruno. It’s been almost 4 months since I left the US, and it wasn’t a great return. We’ll see how today goes.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}