Rev. Dr. Johannon Tate
A
24 hour day care isn’t really a new concept it’s been in existence for quite some time. They’ve been around in Indy for decades already…the issue that recently arose revolves around the context of some folks saying they were dropping their kids off in the middle of the night to go hook up…
The Wendy Lady @The_Wendy_Lady
Let’s talk about 24 hour daycare since it’s coming up on TikTok.

Cast your vote and leave a comment about it!

I’m all for it

Only for working parents

No - it’s absurd

08:43 AM - Feb 22, 2024
12:34 PM - Feb 22, 2024
The Wendy Lady
A
In response to Rev. Dr. Johannon Tate.
I had and raised my children in the suburbs of NJ, and had no idea they existed before Kamala Harris advocated for the during her bid for the presidential nomination. I think it’s great that they exist.

That said…
12:55 PM - Feb 23, 2024 (Edited)
The Wendy Lady
A
In response to The Wendy Lady.
That said, especially if they’ve been around, why is society shaming parents - specifically a Black mother - for using legitimate childcare to keep her child safe & cared for?

Where’s the outrage for the moms who drop off their kids at their parents/family members homes so they can go day drinking?
12:59 PM - Feb 23, 2024 (Edited)
The Wendy Lady
A
My points being; 1/ I think the negative comments are racial and gender based, 2/ dismiss the parent using a valid care service vs. using the unpaid labor of a friend or family member, & 3/ unfairly make the assumption that it’s wrong for parents and children to need a break.
01:02 PM - Feb 23, 2024
Rev. Dr. Johannon Tate
A
It's all subjective really. People got into an uproar because the lady in question was bragging about going to hookup and was using pretty nasty language when she did. To each their own but it was pretty disgusting how she spoke about it...
01:25 PM - Feb 23, 2024
The Wendy Lady
A
Yikes - I didn’t see that and personally don’t want to hear about that 😬; but even with graphic descriptions &/or potty mouth I support parents making sure their kids are safe.
In response to Rev. Dr. Johannon Tate.
01:33 PM - Feb 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}