CzechChik60
A
#DailyPictureTheme #waste
Being raised by a mother that lived through the Depression of the 1930's, I learned not to #waste anything, if possible. So, I wash my Ziploc bags and hang them on my clothesline.
09:05 PM - Feb 23, 2024
Kathy Wipf
A
In response to CzechChik60.
Yes! Great Spout! We wash our Ziplocs & bread wrappers, too. My depression era mom is the reason, thank goodness, that I think twice before tossing out almost everything.
07:06 AM - Feb 24, 2024
CzechChik60
A
In response to Kathy Wipf.
I just wish I had inherited her knack for sewing. That gene skipped me, so I wear clothes until they're practically rags (not that I'm a slob), then buy thrift.
10:05 AM - Feb 24, 2024
Su. Ho.
A
I do this too but it’s because most plastic bags don’t need to be single use. We only discard when they leak.
It’s good to see governments tackling this issue.
https://www.wa.gov.au/serv...
04:56 AM - Feb 24, 2024
Anita Dennis
A
Good for you! My parents were teens in the Depression. I grew up washing plastic bags, but have almost completely lost that habit.
10:00 PM - Feb 23, 2024
IMO
A
I thought we were the only family!
My neighbors thought these grocery store plastic bags were plastic pants for the MY DIPERS at 15 yrs old?! 😋

My mother learned from the depression, must have been hell. Can you image what they gave up? We are so spoiled.
09:59 PM - Feb 23, 2024
CzechChik60
A
In response to IMO.
My mother grew up on a farm in OK, wheat farming. They were lucky in that most of their food was right there: wheat, eggs, milk, etc. But clothes were a different story. She wore dresses made from old flour sacks, and hand-me-down- shoes from her older sisters.
10:02 AM - Feb 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}