LilTaiz
A
My 15-year-old granddaughter successfully installed a banister. Power tools, rock! Teamwork makes the dream work.
06:50 PM - Feb 24, 2024 (Edited)
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to LilTaiz.
Love it! Like many other things, I learned a lot about carpentry and home maintenance from my dad. I was interested, my younger brother - not so much. I also learned auto maintenance from Dad. I teased him about thinking he had to have a third kid to have a son, when he could have stopped with me!
08:03 PM - Feb 24, 2024
LilTaiz
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
😂😂😂 That’s an hoot.
08:08 PM - Feb 24, 2024 (Edited)
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
In response to LilTaiz.
Wow! Real talent right there 💖who said to only play with dolls🤣 power tools rock!
07:44 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to LilTaiz.
Great! I really miss teaching times with my now 32 and 22 year olds. Btw, is she saluting or whipping her brow from the hard work? 🙂
07:41 PM - Feb 24, 2024
LilTaiz
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
Her front dreads are long and I usually can only see her face from the nose down. I asked her if she would mind showing more to commemorate this proud granny moment.
07:46 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Sheilah Hayden
A
In response to LilTaiz.
That first power drill - WHY have I been using screwdrivers my whole life?? 😂
07:10 PM - Feb 24, 2024
LilTaiz
A
In response to Sheilah Hayden.
I know. Right?
07:21 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to LilTaiz.
Wonderful accomplishment.
All children should be taught these and many more skills.
07:08 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to LilTaiz.
I love to see this. I taught my daughter basic carpentry. She's now in her mid 30s and just finished custom building a full 4-seat bar in her basement as a birthday gift for her husband, including a finished slab of walnut for the bar top.

So good to learn basic skills and confidence to go with.
07:00 PM - Feb 24, 2024
LilTaiz
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Wow, I’m impressed. Did the same “training” with my daughter when she was young and then the grandson. It was a trip with my granddaughter—she was ho-hum about doing it until I broke out the power drill. Suddenly she was totally into it and I did not have to do anything else!
07:25 PM - Feb 24, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}