Clarissa De Lune
A
thread 1/4
I also have my criticisms of Netflix's live-action of Avatar The Last Airbender but you have to be watching it with your ASS to somehow get from the show a message that colonialism is cool and compassion is a weakness like holy fucking fuck
08:58 AM - Feb 26, 2024
Clarissa De Lune
A
thread 2/4
How are these people allowed to make their think pieces unchallenged while I'm afraid of voicing my views with metas because I repeatedly get called a genocide apologist over shipping
Clarissa De Lune
A
thread 3/4
Like. The absolute wormy scrambled eggs for brains you gotta have to accuse asian and indigenous writers (diasporic ones at that!) of defending fucking colonialism and genocide I'm going fucking insane
Clarissa De Lune
A
thread 4/4
Aang is almost every episode going "the power of friendship and compassion will help me defeat the Fire Nation" (in actually a better way than the animation, even) and y'all think the show defends the dude who says "compassion is weakness" as he burns his son's face I'M GOING INSANE
Ground Control
A
If anything, the basic framework of the story is clear that such imperialism contains the seed of rot and weakness in the guise of looking "strong". Nothing will likely ever match the original series' execution but the point is consistent across all versions.
In response to Clarissa De Lune.
09:19 AM - Feb 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}