Thomas Paine
A
thread 1/5
Sadly, the government and the private sector will
not fix the content overload, lack of socialization and education issues that form the basis for 99% of our dysfunction.

It is up to us. Be hypersocial. Go out. Talk to people. Join groups. Spark connections and be intentional with the embers. Then
09:14 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Thomas Paine
A
thread 2/5
Fan the flames of friendship. Check in on them. Organize outings. Invite them over.

You’ll realize that, many times, youll be the one doing all the work. You’ll say “no one helps me organize things, but when i do, they all enjoy it so much….so why dont they help?”

Stay the course.
Thomas Paine
A
thread 3/5
In time, they too will catch fire and see the value of spending time with friends.

I think Gen X / Millenials have a special duty here. We know what it was like to have amazing friends from high school and college. We know what it was like before internet and social media.
Thomas Paine
A
thread 4/5
Social networks is how all this begins. This is what makes us pay attention to information that matters, learn how to behave and think critically and will help us get out of our houses and away from our phones.

It is what will cause private companies and government to change. It will create
Thomas Paine
A
thread 5/5
A market for parks and not VR. It will create a demand for good laws that protect our friendships.

No one will do this for us. It is up to us.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}