Angela
A
PSA: Nex identified as non-binary. That is a separate and distinct thing from transgender. Please don't use them interchangeably as if all of us under the LGBTQ+ umbrella are the same.
12:51 PM - Feb 27, 2024
No
A
In response to Angela.
I know a lot of us who ID as Queer also ID as Non Binary. Hell I believe most everyone is non-binary to a certain degree at some point in their lives. The Binary construct is a box of categorization that simply does not fit all of the reality in nature, especially humans.
04:46 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Angela
A
In response to No.
I agree and consider myself to be a soft butch lesbian and genderqueer woman. Personally I love the reclamation of queer and like saying the queer community instead of LGBTQIA+ however I don't call others queer unless they identify that way because that word is still loaded for many people.
04:51 PM - Feb 27, 2024 (Edited)
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
In response to Angela.
Agreed I was worried when I covered this that I was getting it wrong. I made sure to use they/them but slipped and said she twice.
01:45 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
People including myself will make slips ups. What's important is that you are trying and are being respectful.
01:47 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Lee
A
In response to Angela.
It's a tricky subject. At the end of the day, as long as it's not used to keep nonbinary people from trans spaces or visa versa, I don't see the harm in calling yourself nonbinary but not transgender.

I am both transgender and nonbinary though.
01:40 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Lee.
Of course we should respect how people self identify and you can consider yourself both but the point I'm trying to make here isn't for those in the community but those outside of it who don't realize it's 2 different things.
01:50 PM - Feb 27, 2024 (Edited)
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Angela.
Thanks. I wrote a piece about Nex; I need to make some clarifying edits.
01:34 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
I'd love to read it. I fear there will be no justice here.
01:38 PM - Feb 27, 2024

Only followers of this user (Seamoura) can see their posts

Whoa!
A
In response to Angela.
Exactly. I have a trans son and a nonbinary child as well as a cis het son.
01:08 PM - Feb 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}