Jasra - no DMs
A
America’s expendables 😢 https://www.cnn.com/2024/0...
06:26 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Jasra - no DMs.
I am a senior. Have we not always been expendable? But I agree that it is much worse since the pandemic. I am looking at a second major orthopedic surgery after which they sent you home. You’re on your own.

It’s insane.
03:04 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Jasra - no DMs
A
In response to Madelon Wise.
It is insane. I hope you have a successful surgery & speedy recovery. Make sure to ask your surgeon what his plan is to manage postoperative pain. 🤗
03:22 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
That’s very kind. I am having both of my shoulders replaced. The first surgery happened in December and then next one is scheduled for April. It is a brutal surgery and I had some complications. They did give me pain meds. The issue for me is that I don’t have a support system and I live alone.
03:29 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Jasra - no DMs
A
Oh my! I would discuss your need for some support with your nurse/doctor. They should be able to recommend some agency who can help you. I wish you all the best. 💙 Edit: Perhaps someone at the county health department can give you some guidance. It’s a place to start.
03:33 PM - Feb 27, 2024 (Edited)
Madelon Wise
A
Thank you. Thousands if not, millions of people are in my position.

The article was really good and brought up the point that boomers are such a large demographic, and our medical costs are going to be staggering as we get even older. I don’t predict positive change happening as a result.
03:35 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Jasra - no DMs
A
I’m worried too. 😞
03:37 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
I think we should all be concerned. What kind of amazes me is that old people are reviled as a group, and yet the general population does not appear to have the consciousness that this is going to happen to all of us.
03:39 PM - Feb 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}