Jasra - no DMs
A
America’s expendables 😢 https://www.cnn.com/2024/0...
06:26 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Jasra - no DMs.
I am a senior. Have we not always been expendable? But I agree that it is much worse since the pandemic. I am looking at a second major orthopedic surgery after which they sent you home. You’re on your own.

It’s insane.
03:04 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Jasra - no DMs
A
In response to Madelon Wise.
It is insane. I hope you have a successful surgery & speedy recovery. Make sure to ask your surgeon what his plan is to manage postoperative pain. 🤗
03:22 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Jasra - no DMs.
That’s very kind. I am having both of my shoulders replaced. The first surgery happened in December and then next one is scheduled for April. It is a brutal surgery and I had some complications. They did give me pain meds. The issue for me is that I don’t have a support system and I live alone.
03:29 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Margo Green
A
Ask to speak with the social worker at the hospital. It is their responsibility to make sure you are safe before being discharged and to arrange services or adaptive equipment to be in place before you leave.
04:01 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
The major issue with is that I don’t require skilled nursing care post surgery. I just need somebody to help me do some household chores and make sure I’m doing OK. Medicare will not pay for any after surgery Services unless they are Skilled nursing care.
In response to Margo Green.
04:16 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Margo Green
A
That's true, they won't, but sometimes the social worker will have access to other options. Even something as simple as a jar opener can be ordered or a local organization you're not aware of. It won't hurt to ask for sure.
04:21 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Margo Green.
Thank you. I am trying to track down a social worker at the hospital.
05:30 PM - Feb 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}