RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/9
Folks, I have no doubt that Biden will win the Democratic Primary in Michigan. However, I do have a problem with the sabotage being done by some Michigan Dems to tell voters to do uncommitted in the primaries. This is a dangerous protest vote, that is reminiscent of 2016.
08:35 PM - Feb 27, 2024
A
thread 2/9
They know that Biden can only do so much in the middle east. What do these people want him to do? They know behind the scenes he's trying to get a long-term ceasefire, and much needed aid to the civilians of Gaza. The problem is that Hamas and Netanyahu are parasites.
A
thread 3/9
Hamas and Netanyahu both feed off of each other for hate. Also voting uncommitted in this case is saying that they really don't care about what's happening. As I've said, Biden will win the Michigan Primaries, but the Michigan Dems will have to come together, and get rid of this choice in 2028.
A
thread 4/9
They know full-on that these kinds of stunts hurt their cause. I know a good portion of Dearborn is Arab/Muslim. However, not All Arabs are Muslims, and not all Muslims are Arab. In fact, I would venture that not al of Michigan's Arab/Muslim community will go along with this, and vote for Biden.
A
thread 5/9
They realize that he and Harris (and the Dems) are what's making sure that they don't get targeted like in 2001. With that in mind, We will be having Super Tuesday coming up really soon, and we will concentrate on those states. I am disappointed that so many Dems voted in MI.
A
thread 6/9
Trust me, the folks who voted uncommitted are going to get an earful from those who voted for Biden asking straight up what the hell they were thinking...and they're going to be asked if they had better solutions to what's going on in the Middle East.
A
thread 7/9
Here's the thing about politics...it's never about instant gratification. It never was. It is about the long term, and what's going to happen in the long term. Maybe those who voted uncommitted would realize that very damn soon coming in November.
A
thread 8/9
This is why the Dems have to work three times as hard as the GOP because of stunts like this. Let tonight be a lesson for all of us to go out and actually make sure that voters are aware of the sabotage attempts, and give them the truth, even IRL.
A
thread 9/9
Because trust me, this marred what would have been a victory for Biden. As for the silver lining...Philips is losing badly to the uncommitted voters, so there's that. But either way, onwards to Super Tuesday!

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}