Zaya Rose ⛧
A
Sarah Vaughan - Misty - 1964 (1954)

#SpoutingClassics #SpoutibleClassics @SpoutingClassics #SoloPerformances Tuesday
Sarah Vaughan - Misty (Live from Sweden) Mercury Records 1964 - YouTube

"Misty" is a jazz standard written in 1954 by the pianist Erroll Garner. Originally composed as an instrumental following the traditional 32-bar format, the...

08:48 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Steven Aufrecht
A
In response to Zaya Rose ⛧.
Wow!!!! That was an amazing performance. Her voice is such a beautiful instrument and she uses it so incredibly well.
09:25 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
In response to Steven Aufrecht.
Sarah, Dinah Washington, and Nancy Wilson stand out as my favorites of this time line

(Not ignoring Ella, Etta, or others, just that these ladies are who I reach for when I'm craving this sound)
09:32 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Steven Aufrecht
A
Loved Dinah, but Nancy sent chills down my spine. Couldn’t get enough of her singing.
01:00 AM - Feb 28, 2024
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
In response to Steven Aufrecht.
OMG...YES!!!

Nancy is in a class all by herself

This is one of my favorites from her. The way she tells the story, pulls the emotion, and sings this song is perfect

#spoutibleclassics
"Guess Who I Saw Today" - Nancy Wilson - YouTube

For Enjoyment - Copyright Infringement Not Intended.The Very Best of Nancy Wilson Copyright 1998 Capitol Records

01:25 AM - Feb 28, 2024
Arvin da Brgha
B
Samara Joy's version of this Nancy Wilson classic this past Sunday in Toronto as final encore brought the house down. Last time I saw Nancy was at the Blue Note Club in NYC's West Village. She was breathtakingly ravishing. "How Glad I Am" below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr_9RUDNt3U&t=2506s
1987 - Nancy Wilson - Live at Carnegie Hall - YouTube

Nancy Wilson Live at Carnegie Hall - 1987String Orchestra conducted by Masahiko Satoh (synth)Lew Matthews (keyb), John Williams (b), Roy McCurdy (dr), Carl A...

03:49 AM - Feb 28, 2024
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
In response to Arvin da Brgha.
Oh man! So jealous you got to see her perform but glad you got to be in audience. Sounds like a great memory
09:06 AM - Feb 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}