Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/3
I'm reminded today of a pet peeve. The evangelical right misunderstands Satan to a ridiculous level. I might say more someday, but in my evangelical upbringing I read the bible as I was told to. But I read a lot more than they wanted me to. Satan, first and foremost, is a company man
04:10 PM - Feb 28, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/3
who is part of The Firm. He has a role and God needs him to fill it. He isn't a free agent however. I'm not going to get into it now, but it drives me nuts. The horned red dude tormenting souls in Hell was an invention of Medieval artists and religious leaders. I am not taking any
04:10 PM - Feb 28, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/3
particular stance on Christianity or religion in general. I'm merely saying that the current Satan portrayed by the religious right (or most Christian religions) doesn't match what is described in the Bible.
04:10 PM - Feb 28, 2024 (Edited)
Michiru
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
I get a kick out of how contemporary media make his scary and hideous; he was the most beautiful of angels.

On the other hand contemporary media makes angels look lovely, when they were supposed to be terrifying. ‘do not be afraid’ and all that.

It’s a weird conundrum 😆
08:03 PM - Feb 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}