Tonya Alston
A
thread 1/6
First of all, these white boys are racist AF.
Secondly, they are shaking in their boots at the future of a Black woman POTUS.
Anyone, and I mean just that - ANYONE who thinks President Uncle Joe is going to toss VP Harris from this campaign, is nucking futs.
06:53 PM - Feb 29, 2024
Tonya Alston
A
thread 2/6
The #BidenHarris administration is VERY successful. If you think he will drop her (the REASON he won) from this campaign to placate those dude bro, thumb-sucking mongrels, you are not a serious person and should do everything possible from displaying your ignorance to the world.
Tonya Alston
A
thread 3/6
Those of us who support this administration and actually believe in democracy, civil rights, reproductive agency and human rights, have spent this first term dispelling lies.
Tonya Alston
A
thread 4/6
Some of these people think they will hurt Biden by withholding their votes. No, it hurts Black and brown people, the LGBTQ community, poor people, the elderly and sick folks. It weakens our allies (see the actions of the GOP controlled House).
Tonya Alston
A
thread 5/6
Those same people wanted to burn everything down in 2016 when they helped that fkng orange demon get elected...yet, they still haven't learned.
Those people behave like spoiled chidren and the rest of us have to work overtime to dispell the clownfuckery that they have polluted the public with.
Tonya Alston
A
thread 6/6
(Yes, I know that I ended the previous sentence with a preposition).
Voting for cornel west, marianne williamson, nikki haley, harambe, none of the above, rfk jr and demon45, will hurt us.
06:53 PM - Feb 29, 2024 (Edited)
Creative AF (She/Her)
A
In response to Tonya Alston.
Great thread! & Mirriam Websters says it’s ok to end a sentence with a preposition now.
06:52 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Tonya Alston
A
In response to Creative AF (She/Her).
🤭
11:05 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Carol Norris
A
Agreed, and point taken!

(Aside is the attached. I've given my English major undergrad self permission to end sentences with a preposition forever more.)
06:50 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Andrew Senior
A
In response to Carol Norris.
Churchill allegedly said 'That is the kind of thing up with which I will not put'.
07:00 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Mister Midnight
A
According to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me this week, M-W has decided to allow sentences to end with prepositions. You're safe.

And prescient.
05:44 PM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}