Independent Goat
A
thread 1/4
At my job I drive a lot of cars, particularly of older people and it never stops amazing me how many seemingly normal folks have Fox News blaring bullshit into their vehicles each and every day. It’s disgusting to me that they will listen to that garbage and allow it to pollute their minds.
11:53 PM - Feb 29, 2024
Independent Goat
A
thread 2/4
I cannot speak on the effect this has on their character or how they live their lives because my interactions with them are so limited, but I can say the crap they accept as “news” or fact based reporting is at minimum misleading and at worse blatantly false.
Independent Goat
A
thread 3/4
The problem that we as individuals have now is the overwhelming cacophony of information and disinformation we have to sift through to get a sense of the world around us. Most of us live in small enough of bubbles that we don’t see much beyond our immediate community, so we rely on media inform us.
Independent Goat
A
thread 4/4
When disinformation is given a platform similar to real information it undermines the whole ecosystem of information exchange. It reduces the confidence of everyone involved in the veracity of the information they receive. No one wins when lies spread as easy as truth.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}