Eric Martin
A
thread 1/7
Equal Justice under the Law? A Pillar of Justice?
As I observe all the delay tactics that Mr. Trump has available to him in reaction to his on-going litigations, I cannot help but think our frustration with the delay is misplaced.
12:38 PM - Mar 01, 2024
Eric Martin
A
thread 2/7
For most Americans, there is no special status under the law, we aspire to the concept as equal under the law. It is written on the Supreme Court building.
The rotten truth is that Trump is a unique person.
Eric Martin
A
thread 3/7
His brand has always promoted this, and his presidential campaigns have used this to gain votes. Our fellow Americans decided that conformity and compromise were a waste of time. They need Trump to unlock their rage against the government.
Eric Martin
A
thread 4/7
When the courts have consistently provided Trump with every motion or inquiry, it is because he is different from you and me. He is a universally recognized person with citizens with powerful opinions about his words and deeds.
Eric Martin
A
thread 5/7
Trump has forced the courts to entertain his irrational demands because when and if he is convicted, there can be no appearance of bias.
To convict a former president for breaking the law must be iron tight. We cannot allow the next Trump wannabe any room to try this again.
Eric Martin
A
thread 6/7
I am frustrated that for most of us, we believe the evidence says he has committed these crimes and should be punished. But I also know I would not be a good jurist for these indictments. I cannot stand him.
Eric Martin
A
thread 7/7
I am trying to take the long view of the Trump indictments and I want these to succeed, and if that take more time than we like, there is a lot on the line. Especially the pillar of justice known as Equal Justice under the Law.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}