Susan Loves Democracy
A
thread 1/7
My earliest memory of using herbs to heal was when I was 8; my GS leader showed us how to use jewel weed to prevent a poison ivy rash after I'd trod through a patch of PI, and it worked.
02:38 PM - Mar 01, 2024
Susan Loves Democracy
A
thread 2/7
I was always held spellbound by my great-grandmothers' stories of how they lived before the era of electricity and indoor plumbing.
Susan Loves Democracy
A
thread 3/7
Soon, I was learning all kinds of fascinating traditional uses for wild plants, as well as ways to survive in nature; I loved learning how to be a good steward of Earth, and how to follow a lower-consumption lifestyle without sacrificing my needs.
Susan Loves Democracy
A
thread 4/7
So it's no surprise that at the age of 63 I still seek out holistic and low-consumption solutions to a variety of life's challenges.

But goodness, what a minefield the holistic community has become.
Susan Loves Democracy
A
thread 5/7
The white-wingers have not only stolen and bastardized Christianity, but have also laid claim to the holistic and natural health sphere. It's frustrating that holistic living has become so politically polarized, and rife with the same disinformation spread throughout other sectors of society.
Susan Loves Democracy
A
thread 6/7
And so … dictatorial and extremist.

And I just don't get why that is: both conventional practices and holistic practices have benefit; one can optimize the efficacy of the other.

Does anyone here with a progressive bent follow a more holistic, integrative lifestyle, supported by science?
Susan Loves Democracy
A
thread 7/7
I'm looking for a sane, progressive #HolisticCommunity . If there is such a thing, I'm convinced the only place it could exist is here on Spoutible.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}