Timara (she/her)
A
thread 1/4
When people dismiss the concerns of others, either you're not listening or you never cared.

To hear a trend of similar concerns, make light of it and then say "that concern isn't valid" shows your privilege, at best, and your ignorance, at worst.
08:50 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 2/4
And it's mostly white people who do this. Sadly, mostly men as well.

Just because something isn't SOMETHING to you doesn't mean that it isn't something.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 3/4
That hide your hand tactic, because that's how it comes across, is a tenet of white supremacy. It's a way to coddle yourself and make yourself feel better because you don't want to face the reality that you're once again diminishing the voices of marginalized people.
Timara (she/her)
A
thread 4/4
You're centering your feelings because you feel they matter above anyone and everything else.

...and let's see the games start in 1, 2, 3 because something hit too close to home.
Annie Bee Good
A
At the time I belonged to a Protestant church with a focus on social justice that has a habit of reassigning pastors every few years, and I went from a woman who used Letter from Birmingham Jail as inspiration for a sermon to a man who railed against the removal of Confederate statues.
In response to K Inspire2.
03:51 PM - Mar 01, 2024
K Inspire2
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
I commend you. You seem as though, similar to myself, you just want to see Real change.
It’s important IMO we speak out. Silence isn’t an option. 😊🙏🏿
09:07 PM - Mar 01, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to K Inspire2.
Thank you, but I don't deserve any acknowledgment. It's the least we should all do. We are commanded to love one another.
"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

I will persevere.
11:35 PM - Mar 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}