Mike Trozzo
A
🚨 PLEASE SPREAD 🚨
I've been asked by friends about leaving the US because it's no longer safe for a significant portion of the population. I've built this resource of embassy & consulate info for ca. 30 countries.
Disclaimer: I do not provide, nor am I qualified to provide, legal advice. /1
02:41 PM - Mar 06, 2023 (Edited)
Deb Ramos
B
In response to Mike Trozzo.
I believe that Portugal does this..do you know if this is true..both my grandparents came from the Azores.
07:12 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Mike Trozzo
A
In response to Deb Ramos.
I honestly don't know. Different countries have different laws. You might want to check on Portugal's embassy/consulate sites.
This might help too. https://www.portugalist.co...
07:32 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Deb Ramos
B
Thank you so much..I researched it back in 2016..at that time 1st generation grandchildren were eligible for citizenship..ty so much for the link..I will check it out! Have a great day!
07:54 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Mike Trozzo
A
I tried to get Italian citizenship because my father was born there, but he naturalized as a US citizen well before the cutoff date for it to do me any good.
I have permanent residency in Germany, and once they change the law allowing dual citizenship (should be this year), I'm applying.
In response to Deb Ramos.
08:02 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Deb Ramos
B
Both my grandparents except my paternal grandmother who was born here never obtained citizenship. Not sure if that makes a difference or not but I’m sure I’ll find out😉 once again ty for the info!
08:47 AM - Mar 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}