Cori
A
thread 1/2
UConn got 56,000 applications for 4800 spots. Ridiculous when more affordable schools are struggling, it's still expensive even for in-state ($40K!!!), the state is significantly cutting budget (but not for athletics though!), parent group is full of complaints of conditions & avail of classes.
12:06 PM - Feb 21, 2024
Cori
A
thread 2/2
"...it drains campus coffers. UConn Athletics does not even come close to balancing its own budget. It spent more than double what it generated and was bailed out with $56 million..." https://ctmirror.org/2024/...
12:06 PM - Feb 21, 2024
JKfromNY
A
For what it's worth, UConn Athletics has more followers and more discussion on social media than any other university. TV ratings are strong, and there are ads promoting the school as a major educational institution.
In response to Cori.
08:02 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Cori
A
In response to JKfromNY.
Fair enough but the budget cuts, housing issues, unavailability of classes, etc. concerns me. (My child was accepted and would be happy to attend but I'm not sure it is worth the cost for the conditions)
03:21 PM - Mar 02, 2024
JKfromNY
A
In response to Cori.
The decision needs to feel right for you and your child. My son had a bad advisor his freshman year and made a mistake that affected scheduling classes for the duration of his time. But that was likely an isolated incident; he had a job on-campus & otherwise enjoyed his time and earned his degree.
03:38 PM - Mar 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}