Stewart Tan
A
thread 1/8
F-1 Round 1 - Bahrain GP Race thread

Max had a great start, led the first corner and he was off to the races, as expected.

There was contact in lap 1 between Lance and Hulk, just a racing incident. No retirements for this race!
#F1 #Formula1 #BahrainGP
12:00 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
thread 2/8
Checo had a good race, gaining 3 places from his start, but I thought Carlos had the best drive. He had to work hard at passing Charles (several times), who didn't make it easy. Since this is Carlos' last year in Ferrari, I think it will be this way for the season.
12:02 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
thread 3/8
Story lines by teams:
RBRacing -
Perfect start for RBR, getting maximum points. Max is doing the Max things while Checo is likely making sure his drive will be secure for 2025. Good result for him.
12:04 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
thread 4/8
Ferrari -
Great day for Ferrari, getting P3/P4 ahead of their competition (MB/McLaren). They were usually competitive during quali, not so during the race, but they looked quite strong today.

Carlos looked very good today, nothing like needing a drive for 2025 for motivation.
12:07 PM - Mar 02, 2024 (Edited)
Stewart Tan
A
thread 5/8
Charles was complaining about lock ups, but got it under control after his tyre change.

MB -
Ok day for MB.

On the plus side, they finished P5/P7 ahead of the McLarens.

On the minus side, they had issues with the battery (mainly Lewis). George made a mistake when Charles was behind him.
12:09 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
thread 6/8
It was probably a matter of time before he was passed, so maybe it would have been the same result.

The battery issue is a bit of a concern as there's a race next weekend.
12:11 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
thread 7/8
McLaren -
Decent day for McLaren. Although their performance is nowhere near what they did last year, it's a solid start for both cars, being at par with MB.

Aston -
Well, both cars finished in the points, but that's about it. They are unable to compete against MB and McLaren.
12:13 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
thread 8/8
Round 2 is next week at Saudi Arabia, which is another Saturday start. I think it goes back to a normal Sunday start in Round 3 (Australia).
12:16 PM - Mar 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}