THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 1/4
This just came in from our school district about an hour ago, and I am still trying to fight off a panic attack.

My daughter's school wasn't one of the schools targeted, and her school is one of a few in the district that is on full lockout status every day. But it's still scary as hell because the
01:30 PM - Mar 01, 2024
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 2/4
situation could change at any time. The threat could become real. Sure, there are police at all schools in the district now, just in case. But that doesn't really make me feel any better. And, just one month ago, there were two shootings within an hour one block from her school. And police were
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 3/4
again on scene at her school. Which is unsettling enough for the kids because "why are there so many police in my school?"

Anyway, I'm stressing the fuck out, and there are people around me acting like it's no big deal. "It's not a real threat. The police are there." Blah blah blah. And I have a
THEE Side-Eye Pinkie Pie
A
thread 4/4
REALLY big fucking problem with us as a society becoming so damn desensitized about violence against our children that we just shrug it off like it's no big deal. THESE ARE OUR CHILDREN! WHAT IS WRONG WITH US????

We should not be scared to send our babies to school.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}