Pamela Keith
A
There are some Dems in power who want Trump to be the GOP nominee because he’s so beatable.

They want the easiest opponent.

But for that to happen, the rule of law has to DIE. The Constitution has to DIE.

Not a sound trade off. In fact, an extremely foolish & risky one.
08:58 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Pamela Keith.
Trump is likely to lose, but we've seen exactly what his followers are capable when fed endless bullshit. When they lose track of reality and unhinged MAGA reality. TDW is lighting up again, like it did pre-1/6. Be on alert as Trump starts ratcheting up the bullshit again...
10:30 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Mike Calimari
A
Fools made the same assumption about Trump 2016 and cost Hillary the election.
03:14 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Alfredo Dominguez
A
In response to Mike Calimari.
She won the election.
04:43 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Philip Kingston
A
I truly don't understand this. He's almost certain to be the nominee, and he's almost certain to do worse than in '20

Is your argument that he SHOULD be ineligible to run? Because I'm not aware of anything stopping him
02:15 PM - Mar 12, 2023
John Muenchrath
B
In response to Philip Kingston.
I believe the point is, Trump should be held to account like any other American would be.

To delay his trials, make accommodations so he can run for office, would be the death of rule of law.

Further, constitutionally, if he is guilty of sedition or supporting it, he is ineligible to run.
09:45 AM - Oct 05, 2023
krinkle
A
Why come up with better policies when you can gas up worse opponents you can "easily beat"? I see no flaws with this plan. None. It will def never backfire. /s
02:03 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Petol Weekes
A
Democrats have a way of underestimating Trump's support in this country. It's like 2016 never happened. smh
12:29 PM - Mar 12, 2023
TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him)
A
Can't run when you're indicted, right?
11:30 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Alfredo Dominguez
A
In response to TheForty(3)YearOldXennial (he/him).
Time will tell.
04:44 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Alexander J. McKinley, QBE
A
I can see Dems pushing for extremists in localized races such as congress or senate but to attempt it on a national scale is playing with fire. Too many variables come into play such as GOP gerrymandering, voter suppression and outright election rigging.
It could backfire something fierce.
11:26 AM - Mar 12, 2023
JeffCO
A
It would be helpful if you could name the specific Dems who have said they want TFG.

We do know Dems spent $$$$$ to promote extreme GOP candidates last time around. Was that a good use of their money? Hard to say whether it impacted the outcomes, can't prove post hoc ergo propter hoc.
10:38 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Tom Shafer
A
At the very least, Dems who want Trump nominated are admitting that Section 3 of the 14th Amendment doesn't matter to them. What does that say about *their* adherence to the rule of law?
09:51 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
Who the opposing candidate is matters less now than registering voters now.

We have ground to make up in registering Democratic voters...especially here in Ohio where the youth vote is suppressed.
09:37 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Bren
A
They thought this once before and we got the chosen one, all hell broke loose and is still freely spewing. This is no game and rule of law appears to be dead
09:21 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
In 2016, one friend was hoping TFG would be the nominee for the same reason. I told him I wanted the most sane possible GOP candidate, because s/he just might prevail. The electoral college is heavily weighted toward the GOP. The idea can work, but is high-risk political tactics.
09:17 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
Not only is it not sound, but it's no different than so called evangelicals going against their own claimed values to win.

Doing anything to keep power. We've seen this before and it doesn't go well.
09:09 AM - Mar 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}