David James
A
thread 1/4
People getting upset at history is ridiculous, it’s as stupid as being upset by music, and yet in the past few weeks more than one person has posted Billie Holiday singing “Strange fruit”, In the past I have as well, I’m a pasty white guy but I am well aware that whilst it is a beautiful tune
12:42 PM - Mar 03, 2024
David James
A
thread 2/4
the subject matter is fucking horrific. But I learned that subject matter from the song, it led me to look into things deeper. For good or bad the point I’m making is that history has happened, Some of it is good, a lot of it is horrifying, But if there is one thing we should learn, it is the
David James
A
thread 3/4
lesson from history. We should not shy away from the horrible things that have happened in the past, we should not shunt them into the siding of “Let’s pretend this never happened”. Instead, we should learn from them, and become better more tolerant people with a deeper understanding of others.
David James
A
thread 4/4
If we don’t then humanity has basically failed, we are no better than many animals. I’m an optimist and I like to believe that there is good in everybody although I know that that’s naïve and not true, but I do believe that this community is better than most, and that we can rise above this crap.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}