dariasteigman
A
I ran into a woman walking her dog as I was heading out on a hike this morning. I stopped to say hi and chat. As I headed onward, she said something that broke my heart.💔

"Thank you for being kind."
01:20 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to dariasteigman.
Sigh, I guess it is not true, there are not more kind people in the world than nasty.

I have had this when I give directions to someone or spend time talking to them about something. They thank me, for being kind and taking the time.

Sad.
06:03 PM - Mar 03, 2024
SAJ
B
It kind of stuns you when you hear those words.

It's happened to me before when I helped a lady up some steps. She said she wasn't used to that.
05:53 PM - Mar 03, 2024
dariasteigman
A
In response to SAJ.
It's so sad that simple acts -- not for any reason -- are so needed.
06:00 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Connie Love
A
It always hits me when I hear those words. Knowing the person saying them is not often met with kindness sucks
05:18 PM - Mar 03, 2024
dariasteigman
A
In response to Connie Love.
It's horrible.
People can really be awful.
05:51 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Jeff Russell
A
I was out walking last week and there was an old "mutt" lying in the grass in his yard. He struggled to get up and greet me. I stooped down and was talking and petting him when his owner appeared at the front door. She came out and said the same thing. "Thank you for being so kind to him".
01:39 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Jeff Russell
A
In response to Jeff Russell.
It doesn't take much at all to be a good person. I made the owner and her fur baby both happy with just a little kindness.
01:40 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Jeff Russell.
I have had the same thing when people bring their pup into the store and I greet the pup first and then ask the human if I am allowed to pet the pup and the human says, "Thank you for being so kind to "name of pup"."
Like yeah, I love pups and cats.
06:00 PM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}