✨Witchy Woman✨
A
I have one question for any Boomer crying about the environment:

where were you in the 90s? where were you when Al Gore sounded the alarm with his film? bc I was there and to my recollection YOU ALL LAUGHED AT HIM.

Now you wanna care? You're about 30yrs too late.
10:14 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
wtf are you talking about? believe it or not, people have been caring about environmental degradation since long before the internet! many areas of ny state instituted recycling in the 1980s. public interest groups busted asses trying to pass pro-environmental legislation passed.
01:17 PM - Mar 04, 2024
Char
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
You bet! I was born in '82 and my mom had been environmentally concerned for a lonnnng time before that. We learned a lot about environmental issues in elementary school, so it was mainstream & in the curriculum by (prob before) the mid-80s here in Canada.
01:48 PM - Mar 04, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
then this doesn't apply to you - scroll on. no need to inform everyone it doesn't apply to you for theatrics
12:41 AM - Mar 05, 2024
Bernard S
A
Now, you can assume I learned that and didn't care. But...you'd be dead wrong.
01:12 PM - Mar 04, 2024
Bernard S
A
Pretty presumptuous of you to accuse people you don't know of something you have absolutely no evidence of. Where was I? Probably in college before you were born learning that the earth was, as of over three decades ago in the midst of one of the largest mass extinction events the planet had seen.
01:12 PM - Mar 04, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Bernard S.
only hit dogs holler. if it doesn't apply to you then it doesn't apply - scroll on
12:40 AM - Mar 05, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
Please stop lumping everyone into a group! Lots of us Boomers have been fighting for these causes our whole lives!
01:11 PM - Mar 04, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!.
if it doesn't apply to you scroll on
12:39 AM - Mar 05, 2024
George Bishop
A
I don't know if it's ever too late to start caring. I can understand the anger, but would you rather they still didn't care?
10:36 PM - Mar 03, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to George Bishop.
I would rather ppl pull their heads out of their asses and learn how to prioritize.

for example, no matter what your cause that you suddenly give a shit about is, nothing will be done to help it if Biden isn't re-elected. Maybe put that in perspective.
10:50 PM - Mar 03, 2024
BryanOfOhio
A
I didn't laugh,
10:25 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Grace Anderegg
A
I voted for Al Gore and was horrified that SCOTUS got to call the election results and steal so many votes.
10:24 PM - Mar 03, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Grace Anderegg.
that was my first election so you can imagine my perception of our system after that. disillusioned wasn't a strong enough word.
10:28 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Ground Control
A
Was there too and can confirm all you say. Only NOW, well past when we could have avoided a lot of the worst, do such Boomers care.
10:22 PM - Mar 03, 2024
K S Hernandez
A
Longer than that... smh.
10:18 PM - Mar 03, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to K S Hernandez.
it's really interesting to me when ppl decide to notice and care about things.
10:19 PM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}