G Dan Mitchell
A
“Santa Maria della Pieve Church, Arezzo” — Dark skies before a storm breaks over the Chiesa Santa Maria della Pieve on the Grande PIazza, Arezzo, Italy.

…continues: https://gdanmitchell.com/2024/03/02/santa-maria-della-pieve-church-arezzo/
#arezzo #italy #europe #travel #historical #photography
10:12 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Dalton
A
In response to G Dan Mitchell.
Your description was so detailed, I wondered what would happen if I put it in dream studio as a prompt. Literally just a cut and paste of how you described your image.

I’m a hobbyist mostly nature photographer. As a professional, how do you feel about all of this?
11:39 AM - Mar 02, 2024 (Edited)
G Dan Mitchell
A
In response to Dalton.
thanks for noticing my photograph and the descriptions. I appreciate that.

As to putting it in Dream Studio, a tool I’m only generally familiar with, if I understand how that works the idea makes me a bit uncomfortable. (Also, my photography and writing is subject to copyright law.)
10:25 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Dalton
A
Oh, I would assume it makes you uncomfortable, me too. in addition to being a photographer I am a lawyer.

It’s a weird discussion to have with a complete stranger and from your perspective a total rando approaching you out of the blue.

Your description caught my eye because it looks like …
In response to G Dan Mitchell.
11:48 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Dalton
A
In response to Dalton.
… the kind of prompts typically used in AI artwork generation.

So here’s what I thought in real time:

1. Cool photo!
2. What a detailed description, cool!
3. Maybe to detailed 🤔🧐😬
4. I wonder what would happen if you fed that description into AI.
5. wonder how a pro would feel about this
11:54 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Dalton
A
In response to Dalton.
Also, while I’m not a copyright lawyer I’m not sure about your description being copyrightable as it is largely a factual summary of the scene that you observed at the time you captured it. And as the AI image is not copyrightable by anyone definitely not sure of its status.
12:04 AM - Mar 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}