IMO
A
During the Vietnam war song writers wrote about politics and the war. For example Fortunate Son, We Got to Get Out Of This Place, Purple Haze and so many more.

Where are the song writers now? Or am I too out of touch to know who they are?
10:39 PM - Mar 03, 2024 (Edited)
Stig & The Grumble
A
In response to IMO.
Most popular music today is no longer written by the people performing it. It is just manufactured to make money.

If you want political, meaningful music with a message, you will need to delve into a much different genre.
https://youtu.be/8imYWda6M...
MINISTRY - Goddamn White Trash (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube

Official music video for "Goddamn White Trash" by @Ministryband from the album HOPIUMFORTHEMASSES, out now via Nuclear Blast Records. Listen and Order at htt...

11:02 PM - Mar 03, 2024
IMO
A
In response to Stig & The Grumble.
I Love Ministry! I think I saw them once at the Waldorf in San Francisco or Fab Mab.

We need someone big to write a few. Could you imagine Metallica, maybe Green Day and Beyoncé wrote a few current tunes to help?
11:43 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Stig & The Grumble
A
In response to IMO.
If you are taking about the Warfield in SF in 1990, I was there as well.
11:52 PM - Mar 03, 2024
IMO
A
In response to Stig & The Grumble.
Yes! I bet we watched a few together. The Warfield burned down right?
11:58 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Stig & The Grumble
A
Warfield is still there. The Fillmore was damaged by the earthquake a couple of weeks after I saw Love and Rockets there in 1989, but it is back as well.

Speaking off Metallica, Kirk Hammett played with them when I saw them at the Psalm concert in SF.
In response to IMO.
12:04 AM - Mar 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}