Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
With movies, I am definitely a non-standard use case. People say Age of Ultron & Iron Man 2 are worse than the films they follow, but I think they're both fun movies, as good as or better. Chris Evans' favorite MCU flick is Winter Soldier, & to me it's "We Really Wanted to Direct Jason Bourne"🍿
12:24 PM - Mar 04, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Age of Ultron only suffers in comparison to the original Avengers film. Otherwise, it's a great time. And James Spader as the title AI psychopath still chills.
12:27 PM - Mar 04, 2024
A
In response to Ground Control.
I definitely think Age of Ultron is a step up from The Avengers, which features many nighttime scenes that are lit like a parking lot. I thought Whedon's small screen roots showed in the first one, and the second was more mature, artistically. It's still a "comic book" movie, but not *just* that 🍿
12:29 PM - Mar 04, 2024
Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense
A
Also, "not as good as" does not necessarily mean "great big pile of crap."
12:26 PM - Mar 04, 2024
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
And everyone has their own standards for what entertains them, etc. I tend to be more interested in how all the bits of craft come together; Knives Out IMO is visually compelling, intellectually satisfying, and artistically (acting/directing) appealing, while Zack Snyder's ouvre is .. one of those.
12:38 PM - Mar 04, 2024 (Edited)
Haruka
A
Like how people bash some of the Jurassic Park sequels, but I love every one of them.
12:25 PM - Mar 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}