Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/8
#Scams

Scammers be scamming.

Tax time brings out more scammers than usual, by phone or text. We even get scammers calling work.

I must get at least one scam text a day.

Yesterday I got a novel one.
09:17 AM - Mar 05, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/8
I had been clocked by a camera doing 46k in a 30k zone. This is so interesting as I have never driven, and do not have a driver's license. Of course, the obligatory link to click to resolve this was at the end of the text. Lmao, of course, I deleted it.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/8
This is what you do.
You delete, you don’t click.

I get many scam texts concerning packages from UPS or some delivery company. I have never had a delivery, I don’t buy online.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/8
Here is the thing, you know if you have bought something and waiting for a delivery. You call the company, but you don’t reply to a text. Never click a link.

I have had tons of scam texts from banks, (that I never have dealt with) and many scam texts from Revenue Canada.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/8
Guess what, banks and governments won’t text you. At most they might send an email, with no information, telling you to call them. They most likely will send a letter.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/8
A young lady I work with had received an odd text. It went on about the military and money and so on. I knew she had no one in her family in the military. I told her it was a scam, and to delete it.
Even younger people can fall prey.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 7/8
So, please. If you do not know the person, do not click anything.
If you recognize the name of the bank, institution or delivery company, do not click anything. Call that company yourself.
If anything is said about money, do not click anything.
Simply do not click anything, ever.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 8/8
You call the person, business, or government first.
Do not click anything.
And when answering the phone, if you do not recognize the person, and they ask a question do not answer. Hang up. Do not say yes, if they say, can you hear me. Hang up.

Hang up and do not click anything.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}