Lola Gayle
A
MSNBC Maddow Blog - GOP’s Ernst wants to stop Biden from delivering the State of the Union

Last week, a House Republican talked about preventing Joe Biden from delivering a State of the Union address. This week, a GOP senator echoed the point.
10:42 AM - Mar 05, 2024
Ray King
A
In response to Lola Gayle.
Right wingers are afraid of Biden speaking to Americans because they know he will expose their b.s.
10:38 PM - Mar 05, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
Republicans know the SOTU has high viewership and gives Biden the visibility that he is often denied by mainstream media. They know that his messaging will be positive & well-received. And, like last year, he’ll coax them into playing themselves for fools on national television.
12:18 PM - Mar 05, 2024
Larry Canuck
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
Exactly that.
And they know what's coming.
And they are cowering in fear at the prospect. 🙃

Nincompoops.
01:00 PM - Mar 05, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
They could be middle-school mean-girl petty and not extend the invitation to give the address in Congress, but they can't stop him from giving a SOTU from the White House.

Republicans don't give a damn about governing, just petty power plays. They're greedy little tools of their greedier funders.
12:06 PM - Mar 05, 2024
Lola Gayle
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
I think he should bring back fireside chats. What better way to deliver the SOTU right?
12:07 PM - Mar 05, 2024
Karavelle Gregory
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
I would actually go for a prerecorded SOTU from the Oval Office. His team could add infographics for his talking points as well as video packages on how his policies have benefited individuals.

Best free campaign ad ever!
03:04 PM - Mar 05, 2024
Ground Control
A
Why? Afraid you're going to get called out like you deserve? Or that your rebuttal will kill another GOP presidential hopeful's chances like it's been doing since 2009?
12:03 PM - Mar 05, 2024
Yvette MT
A
It’s not just Trump we have to defeat this year. It’s ALL Republicans at the state & federal levels.
11:06 AM - Mar 05, 2024
Emma ☠️
A
In response to Yvette MT.
12:10 PM - Mar 05, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
I don’t know why I keep getting surprised by their petty and vindictive stupidity. There is no bottom.😡
10:53 AM - Mar 05, 2024
Lola Gayle
A
In response to Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!.
Same here
10:54 AM - Mar 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}