Anton Brakhage
A
thread 1/6
Super Tuesday thoughts:

Trump won most states, and by pretty wide margins. Haley won Vermont.

Biden suffered his first loss in the American Samoa caucus, to some guy named Jason Palmer. News outlets are already making much of it, so here's some context, courtesy of Maddow and company on MSNBC:
01:03 AM - Mar 06, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 2/6
Less than 100 people total voted there. Enough said.

Despite some trivialities and questionable takes, the coverage I watched on MSNBC was pretty good. They noted Biden winning by wider margins than Trump, and one commentator even suggested he may have room to build his support while Trump doesn't
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 3/6
Schiff is our nominee for California Senate. Godspeed, Adam.

(Apparently Porter and Lee had to quit their House seats to run for Senate? If so that's a bad blow.)

However, I did hear another detail from MSNBC which, I will confess, genuinely unnerved me a little.
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 4/6
While they were discussing the Democrats' fundraising lead, it came up that Trump has just met with Elon Musk, presumably seeking financial backing. As the commentators noted, Musk is quite capable of single-handedly paying off all of Trump's legal bill and erasing the Democrats' fundraising lead,
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 5/6
thereby allowing Musk to effectively buy himself a President (presumably it would be some sort of time-share arrangement with Putin?).

Of course, my counterpoint is that while money can buy a lot of things, it thankfully cannot directly buy votes. We don't have to vote for the guy with more money.
Anton Brakhage
A
thread 6/6
And isn't that another great incentive to vote? Because I will be damned if we get snuffed out by two such pathetic men as Elon Musk and Donald Trump.
#SuperTuesday #RidinWithBiden #VoteBlue
r0r0b0t
A
Wanted to give Katie Porter a shot to stick it to some corporations. Schiff will work though. I voted Lee for the partial term Feinstein (then whats-her-name) left.
In response to Anton Brakhage.
01:29 AM - Mar 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}