Salma Typhii
A
Yep. I am cisgender so of course you can call me it!
My Flying Car 2020 @Flying2020
If you call me cisgender I don't care. It's not a slur.

But. Since it never comes up otherwise, if you have it's probably cause something's come up - maybe I've said or done something that reveals an ignorance of mine. If that happens, it's my turn to learn something.

It's not rocket science.
04:52 PM - Mar 06, 2024
04:54 PM - Mar 06, 2024
LD Jones
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I followed the thread about cis gendered, mostly stayed out of it except for one oops where I misread a comment (sorry again)

But I did find it amusing that one of the 'cis is not a slur' defenders actually uses cis as a slur and jokes about the genocide of all Cis Het people.

The irony was strong
05:14 PM - Mar 06, 2024
Fern Lovebond (they/them)
A
In response to LD Jones.
I find the debate over cis-is/n't-a-slur kind of fascinating & slightly parallel to something I grew up with.

As a kid, I was teased & sometimes bullied for my hair color. "Redhead" was often said w/ contempt, or disgust, & I was called "soul-less" or a witch, for it. Yet it's not a slur normally.
05:21 PM - Mar 06, 2024
A
So I look at this offense about the word "cis"--a healthcare distinction to differentiate between ppl who identify in differing ways about their social gender--and wonder why the context isn't really the determining factor.
In response to Fern Lovebond (they/them).
05:23 PM - Mar 06, 2024
A
In response to Fern Lovebond (they/them).
Because, let me be clear: when I would cry about ppl calling me "redhead," EVERYONE would deny my view that it was an insult. So when I hear someone complain about being called "cis" I have to wonder why they feel so insecure about their gender boundaries that a basic distinction bothers them.
05:25 PM - Mar 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}