Frank the Bunny
A
You do know that both Bot Sentinel and Spoutible were created by a Black entrepreneur, yeah?
Avicus Crowley @aliquotoculos
I am distrustful of yet another thing here. Bot Sentinel... I know AI has been heavily crafted by cis white men and has a LOT of bias in it. And I know that some bots are programmed to look for words that its creators have decided are bad -- gay, transgender, etc.

I see problems with this. Lots.
03:57 PM - Mar 12, 2023
04:02 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Avicus Crowley
A
In response to Frank the Bunny.
I do know that about Spoutible and now about BS, but was it an all black team? Is BS based on any other AI systems than what CB's team coded? Considering there has been a ton of active criticism about the biased state of AI against BIPOC, women, and LGBT, anything bot makes me uncomfortable.
04:05 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Avicus Crowley.
That starts to get into the closed source/open source debate and honestly I don't know.
04:09 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Avicus Crowley
A
This will also probably be like, the last tweet I make on here before I get banned but. Full disclosure I am white and a vocal BLM advocate who was partially raised by awesome black people.

But something being made by a black team isn't necessarily going to be moral or ethical just by that alone
In response to Frank the Bunny.
04:13 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Avicus Crowley.
So far, I haven't seen anything done unethically here, ymmv.
04:32 PM - Mar 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}