Licia
A
On this day In Black History: February 29th - Hattie McDaniel became the first Black person to receive an Oscar - best supporting actress #sunnmcheaux #bhm #education #blackhistorymonth #blackspoutible #each1teach1 #hattiemcdaniel
https://youtube.com/shorts...
08:26 PM - Feb 29, 2024
K Inspire2
A
In response to Licia.
Thanks for this my friend. #BlackHistory I have 2 books on her life that I intend to read this summer! Hattie McDaniel’s life story always makes me a little sad for how she was treated. When you see the clip of her giving her awards speech (Oscars)t pulls at your heart strings
01:56 PM - Mar 01, 2024
Licia
A
In response to K Inspire2.
I have always loved and admired Miss Hattie McDaniel. She has always been firece in the best possible ways. I have at least one book about her and one about Black Hollywood. Her Oscars speech frequently shows up in my algorithm and I watch it every single time. They did her so wrong.
01:08 AM - Mar 02, 2024
K Inspire2
A
In response to Licia.
I agree! They treated her wrong; treated her as if she was not a human being with feelings, and I also read: a director called her into his office and made her say the N word several times. The book by Donald Bougle, (sp) Tom’s, Coons, Mammies I believe is where I read this.
08:17 AM - Mar 05, 2024
Licia
A
In response to K Inspire2.
I have that book though I haven't read it yet. I will make it a priority. These racists make me absolutely sick to my stomach. Why would anyone force another person to say something so foul? Miss Hattie is immortal. We will not forget her.
07:39 PM - Mar 05, 2024
K Inspire2
A
I agree my friend! Racist evil
People are IMO the absolute worse! I have to restrain from stating my thoughts on how I Really feel about racist demons. I’ll never understand how some ppl specifically the racist white ppl. Can be so hateful!
They will reap what they sow. My opinion.
In response to Licia.
11:57 AM - Mar 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}