Jessica (she/her)
A
My read on Jon Stewart criticism on the parties for promoting octogenarians. Of COURSE a narcissist like TFG would eat it up, and (independent of competence) Biden isn't immune to political/presidential stress. These things aren't equal, but both men are indisputably old.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
The ageist takes on Biden have been pushed by the media for 4 years, but flare up on occasion. A huge flare started a few weeks ago...when Jon Stewart debuted on The Daily Show belittling Biden over his age. How we talk about this in a multitude of settings, even (especially?) "comedy," matters.
12:54 PM - Mar 08, 2024
01:10 PM - Mar 08, 2024 (Edited)
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Jessica (she/her).
And so? They are also men and white. It isn't like it is old vs young so why do people like Stewart keep beating that dead horse? It would make sense if there was an age difference but there isn't one
01:14 PM - Mar 08, 2024
Jessica (she/her)
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I'm still voting Biden/Harris, but I'm not falling for a fallacy that says comparing or criticizing the campaigns is "both-sides"ing. We can't let any news outlet stop our analysis at "Biden old".

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/26/us/politics/biden-age-taboo.html
01:26 PM - Mar 08, 2024
Bethany Garden Witch
B
I’m sick of this shit. Another white dude pushing age again. We know what this is about. RACISM! They don’t want a black woman president
01:29 PM - Mar 08, 2024
Jessica (she/her)
A
Anyone beating that drum is going out of his way for a losing argument. Harris is a saving grace in the Biden campaign.
In response to Bethany Garden Witch.
01:37 PM - Mar 08, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
Except, the Trump campaign is running EXACTLY that ad. “He’s not going to live that long,” with a laughing Harris in the background.

The reason these things coming from the left are a problem is exactly because the other side will twist it a use it.
01:44 PM - Mar 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}