Christopher Bouzy
A
If you don’t want us partnering with Google, you can write us a check for a few million dollars to pay for development, servers, the network that powers Pods, the security companies we just partnered with, and marketing.

This spout was deleted.

01:00 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Totally fair point.

Is there any way though, on the user end, for us to know what Google might flag? So we don’t accidentally run afoul of them.

I know I can check the Spoutible TOS, but there may be some differences to watch out for.
01:05 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
Google bans speech that isn’t covered by its TOC/policies. It’s notorious for this and there’s no way to appeal. It also invents infractions—click fraud that never happened &which Google has no good evidence to support, for example—& permanently bans sites, seizing all the money in their accounts.…1
In response to Geannie Bastian.
02:06 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
In response to Shmarya Rosenberg.
…A friend of mine lost more than $30,000 that way. It costs so much money to sue Google, no attorney would take that case unless the site owner paid at least $50,000 up front and had the resources to pay $50,000 to $100,000 more as the case progressed. Google bullies people who can’t fight back.
2/2
02:11 PM - Mar 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}