Muriel Vieux
A
thread 1/8
The situation today in Haiti is worse than after the earthquake and I shall tell you why. After the earthquake, Haitians could help each other out, restaurants made free food, water stations distributed water freely, aid could come in airports, ports were open. This is not the situation today.
02:11 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Muriel Vieux
A
thread 2/8
Today banks are being looted, hospitals have been looted, ministries set on fire, prisons have been broken into and the inmates set free, police stations overtaken, the palace attacked, ports attacked now closed, airports attacked now closed. There is no way for aid to come in.
Muriel Vieux
A
thread 3/8
Right now, the diaspora can still send cash through a couple of systems, but those are also breaking down as banks cannot send cash to replenish those institutions. Furthermore, what good is cash going to be when there is nothing to buy? No food. No water. No medicine?
Muriel Vieux
A
thread 4/8
There have been more deaths in Haiti, then has occurred in Ukraine a country at war. Aid to Haiti has been almost null. The arm embargo persists, meaning the Haitian police does not have adequate equipment to face the gangs who are armed with military weapons.
Muriel Vieux
A
thread 5/8
80% of Haitians live day to day, they go out, sell something and buy enough for the day. Right now THEY CAN NOT DO THAT! They cannot go out to buy whatever food they find.
Muriel Vieux
A
thread 6/8
We need help! Not platitudes. Not promises. No more waiting! NOW! The international community has failed us by ignoring the dangers for 3 years. They have failed us over the last 30 years with their interference without understanding Haitian culture and mentality. They have failed us at every turn!
Muriel Vieux
A
thread 7/8
It is time for them to do the right thing. Concrete help. Not interference. Help to install security, disband the gangs, rebuild and repair, investments to create jobs. We do not need sanctions and embargoes that are killing our economy
Muriel Vieux
A
thread 8/8
Notice how I don’t mention politics? Your aid in that area has only made things worse. Stick to economical help.
#TheAmericanHaitianPoet
Paypal.me/murielvieux
Muriel Vieux – March 10th, 2024 - ©AllRightsReserved
Char
A
It's so horrible to live in a completely lawless place under constant threat & chaos. Something needs to be done now. Is there anyone doing anything or preparing to?!

My heart is with everyone living in fear & trying to survive... which doesn't help at all.
In response to Muriel Vieux.
04:06 PM - Mar 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}