SLS StickFigure
A
Finished watching Poor Things just now. Surreal films are nothing new but this one has some complex sophistication. There's a hidden depth to it that will likely be debated, argued over, and definitely misinterpreted and misunderstood. Parts of it are uncomfortable and also tiresome. Still worthy.
12:56 AM - Mar 11, 2024
Regularuk
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
the plot reads like a paedophile’s wish-fulfillment - baby’s brain gets put in a mature woman’s body and goes on a journey of sexual discovery.
03:14 AM - Mar 11, 2024
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to Regularuk.
Cringe definitely dominates the film.
10:01 AM - Mar 11, 2024
Just Piper
A
I tried. I really tried to even finish this. Just couldn’t.
01:26 AM - Mar 11, 2024
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to Just Piper.
I had to break it into 2 parts. It was too long for its own good. And as I said, much of it was tiresome, or at least became tiresome.
10:06 AM - Mar 11, 2024

Only followers of this user (Cblifeisgood) can see their posts

SLS StickFigure
A
In response to CBImages.
I could barely watch it once all the way through! It was way too long for it's premise.
10:03 AM - Mar 11, 2024
RA
A
Thanks, I've been going back and forth about watching it. I've had enough of women getting treated like dolls and calling it feminist this year. 😬
01:01 AM - Mar 11, 2024
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to RA.
Yeah, it definitely seemed like it was going for feminism but certainly didn't feel that way in practice. On the other hand, that could have been one of the uncomfortable points. Not a pleasant film.
10:09 AM - Mar 11, 2024
Pamela
A
Very tiresome. I fell asleep for a few minutes.
12:57 AM - Mar 11, 2024
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to Pamela.
Why does it seem these days that directors know not how to edit? It was definitely too long and repetitive. And in the most cringy ways!
10:11 AM - Mar 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}